In order to be considered for emergency financial assistance through the Breast Cancer Support Project, please follow these instructions:
- The Breast Cancer Support Project is an emergency financial assistance program. Application submission periods are monthly
and extend from the 1st to the 15th of each month.
- The program evaluates applications based on demonstrated and verified financial need. Applications are not evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis. All requests will be carefully reviewed and considered for funding.
- Only requests which are submitted online and authorized by hospital/medical personnel such as doctors, nurses, social workers, and patient navigators are considered.
- Patients must be currently receiving cancer treatment to qualify for consideration.
- Please be certain to complete all sections of the application. Include the required documentation. Incomplete applications are the #1 reason applications are denied.
- A maximum of $500 may be approved per family, per year.
- Because of the overwhelming demand for assistance due to the coronavirus pandemic, only utility bills and housing rents are being considered at this time. A utility request is defined as a heating, electrical, or water bill. Please note: cable TV, Internet, mortgage payments, car payments, insurance premiums, tax bills, medical co-payments and transportation/meals/lodging costs while in active cancer treatment are not being considered at this time.
- Copies of all bills, or the rental/lease agreement if rental assistance is being requested, must be submitted with application.
- Please note: utility bills must show the patient’s or family’s name and address, account number, amount due, and return mailing address.
- Rental/lease agreements must show the patient’s/family’s name and address, the landlord’s name and mailing address, account number (if any), and amount past due. If there is no formal rental agreement, a letter from the landlord/management company will be accepted only when notarized.
- A brief narrative describing the patient’s and family’s need can be included with the application. The narrative must be written by the patient’s social worker or medical personnel and must be on hospital, cancer treatment center, or physician’s letterhead. Include any compelling and relevant information on the financial need as this narrative plays a vital role in the application approval process.
- Applications received after the 15th of each month will not be considered. Applicants may re-apply the following month by submitting updated bills.
- If the application is approved, check(s) will be made payable to each utility company or landlord and mailed directly to the family. In turn, these are to be used for immediate payment of the outstanding bills.
- Social workers or hospital/medical personnel will receive notification approvals or declines via email. Patients are not contacted by Cancer Recovery Foundation staff regarding their application status.
- If the check is not cashed within 60 days, Cancer Recovery Foundation will cancel the check.
Application for Financial Assistance
GET THE FIRST UPDATES ABOUT OUR RESEARCH